What items are NOT accepted during the City Clean Up Day?
- Any Hazardous Chemicals
- Leaves, branches, brush, Christmas trees
Why is there no tornado siren in the City of Combine?
Why outdoor warning sirens are not a viable option for the City of Combine
- The range of the siren is about a mile in flat terrain. Trees make the sirens less effective the farther you get from the original siren. Combine would require 4 to 5 sirens.
- The cost, when last checked, for a siren system was an estimated $20,000 - $25,000 each.
- It is believed that the person monitoring the weather and having the responsibility of starting the sirens have some kind of a certification, as well as state rules and regulations about where sirens can be placed and how they are maintained have to be followed.
- Current technology is just as reliable, if not more. New digital radios with battery backup are less costly and more reliable with instant warnings available to each individual home. Phone apps are available for smart phones. You can also sign up for emergency alerts through Kaufman County Emergency Management at https://www.kaufmancounty.net/business-and-living/ .
To find more fact & fiction about outdoor warning sirens, please click the following link:
Do I need a building permit?
If you are building any structure that is more than 500 sq ft, or if your structure will have electricity and/or plumbing, then YES you will need a permit. All accessory buildings/structures must be at least 15 ft from the property line.
Do I need a permit for a garage/yard sale?
No. You do not need a permit for a garage/yard sale.
Do I need a permit for an alarm/security system?
No. You do not need a permit for an alarm/security system.
Do I need a permit to put up a fence?
No. You do not need a permit to put up a fence.
Do I need a permit to install an irrigation or sprinkler system?
You do not need one from the city, but you do need to get one from the Water Department.