Notice is hereby given that the Combine City Council will hold a Special Called City Council Meeting on Thursday, November 07, 2013, at 7:00 p.m. at Combine City Hall, 123 Davis Road, Combine, Texas, 75159.
Comments by Combine Citizens:
Citizens may speak three minutes each on matters, other than personnel, concerning the City on a first-come, first-serve basis. Citizens must sign in on the Citizens Comments form furnished by the City. City of Combine action in response to or as a result of such statements may not be undertaken until such matters are placed on a City Council agenda published in accordance with Texas Open Meetings Act, and acted upon accordingly at such meeting. Citizens must furnish their names, address, and whether or not they reside within the City of Combine before being allowed to address the Council or Planning and Zoning Committee under this item. PLEASE SIGN UP AT THE DOOR.
City Council members may respond individually to such remarks and/or pose questions to the citizens who speak, as they deem necessary at the conclusion of the Citizen’s comments, or at a later time if they so choose.
Meeting called to order:
Council Member Don Blanck
Council Member Angie Patterson
Council Member Christi E. Smith
Mayor Pro Tem Sharon Carrier
Mayor Tim Ratcliff
1. PLEDGE AND INVOCATION:
2. CITIZEN’S COMMENTS:
a. Combine Police Department – monthly report
b. Combine Fire Department – monthly report
c. Combine Municipal Court – monthly report
d. Planning & Zoning – monthly report
e. Mayor – monthly report
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Review & approve Treasurer’s Report for October, 2013.
5. MINUTES: Review & approve October 14, 2013 regular meeting minutes.
6. DISCUSSION AND ACTION: Council will discuss and take any desired action regarding the appointment
of a citizen to fill the vacant council seat.
7. UPDATES: Status of the Haines Road Water Main Project.
8. DISCUSSION AND ACTION: Council will discuss and take any desired action regarding Lord & Settles,
LLC’s review of the Combine Volunteer Fire Department financials and financial controls.
9. DISCUSSION AND ACTION: Council will discuss and take any desired action regarding changing the
regular council meeting day and time.
10. DISCUSSION AND ACTION: Council will discuss and take any desired action regarding an interlocal
agreement with Dallas County for road work on City streets located in Dallas County.
11. DISCUSSION AND ACTION: Council will discuss and take any desired action regarding having Dallas
County do grading on City of Combine streets located in Dallas County.
12. DISCUSSION AND ACTION: Council will discuss and take any desired action regarding passing a
resolution to confirm that 1430 Combine Road, Combine, Texas is zoned for commercial use.
13. DISCUSSION AND ACTION: Council will discuss and take any desired action regarding an appeal of
nuisance ordinance violation (Ordinance 2013-301) at 140 Smith Lane, Combine, Texas 75159.
I hereby certify that the above Notice and Agenda for this City Council Meeting was posted at Combine City Hall, City Website and Matlock’s Store on Monday, November 04, 2013 by 5:30pm.
Ivy Kidd, City Secretary/Treasurer
NOTE: The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any matters listed on the agenda, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, including, but not limited to, Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices), 551.087 (Economic Development), 418.175-183 (Deliberations about Homeland Security Issues) and as authorized by the Texas Tax Code, including, but not limited to, Section 321.3022 (Sales Tax Information).
The City of Combine is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. Please contact City Secretary at 972-476-1532 for information.